Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Wednesday


The name comes from the Middle English Wednes dei, which is from Old English language Wēdnes dæg, meaning the day of the English god Woden (Wodan) who was a god of the Anglo-Saxons in England until about the 7th century. Wēdnes dæg is like the Old Norse Oðinsdagr ("Odin's day"), which is an early translation of the Latin dies Mercurii ("Mercury's day"), and reflects the widespread association of Woden with Mercury going back to Tacitus.
Today is my last (of 2) day off before heading back to work. I slept most of yesterday, I always seen to waste my first day off by sleeping, but then at least, I'm slightly ready to face what's left of the work week. Today, I MUST tackle the laundry. get the trash to the curb, and clean the refrigerator.
I started this day with a cinnamon roll and a cup of Gevalia Cinnamon coffee, read the paper, had another cup of coffee, and made 2 more book thongs. The dishes, few though they might be await, and the laundry is calling. Since I normally work second shift, I have decided I don't have to tackle the housework until 2:45, and that gives me time for another cup of coffee, and a game of chess.

No comments: