Friday, January 30, 2009
Sitting here in my warm comfortable living room, with my steaming hot cup of Cinnamon Givalia coffee,(that my daughter tells me is good for slowing down Dementia) I was trying to think of something to to post on Shelly's OTG post.
It's not that there is not much good going on in my life, I have a job I love that just happens to be extremely rewarding, my bills are pretty much caught up since the last sojourn into the court system,(I won, by the way)the Steelers are on their way to the Superbowl, and I think I FINALLY got that ol' flu beat. It's just that there is nothing noteworthy about all that stuff.
It's still snowing here, 4 to 6 inches of the old white coming down again for the third day in a row, and it is so overcast, that it's hard to tell it's daytime. I know the truth in the fact, that the lack of sunlight really messes with your mood. I can hardly wait for Spring.
But, and I can't stress this enough, we live in the greatest country in the world, in the best of times, and in general, LIFE IS GOOD.
I have plenty of food, a comfortable hovel, a great relationship with my daughter, nobody to answer to if I want to let the housework pile up around me while I cuddle with my dog on the couch and read, I have friends around, and enough money in the bank to pay the bills and a little left over to blow on the non essentials of life.
I have a large box of scented candles, incense wands and cones, and essential oils, that I burn/light to zone me into my "Special Place"...LIFE REALLY IS GOOD.
I'm thankful that I am not rich, I would be a mess if I had to worry what this recession was going to threaten my way of life. I'm not in a position where this recession will even change my circumstances, and for me it's life as usual.
Our new President is submitting the bill to send us a $500 per taxpayer check, the lawyer said I won the case, so I should be getting my back pay soon...LIFE IS REALLY REALLY GOOD!
So now as I read back in this post, I guess I do have a OTG post after all!
May all of you truly enjoy this day, and may we all be thankful for all the good in our daily lives.
2. FU*K is the word you'd most often hear me say if I stubbed my toe.
3. Possession is NINE TENTHS OF THE LAW.
4. Who doesn't love Captain Jack Sparrow.
5. Marshmallows and fire go together like hot dogs and ketchup.
6. Mondays just go on and on.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a cup of cocoa and a good book, tomorrow my plans include work and laundry and Sunday, I want to WATCH THE STEELERS WIN THEIR SIXTH SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Thirteen (or more)facts about January :
January is the first month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian calendars, and one of seven Gregorian months with the length of 31 days.
It is, on average, the coolest month of the year within most of the Northern Hemisphere and the warmest month of the year within most of the Southern Hemisphere, characterizing the onset of the Winter and Summer in both hemispheres respectively.
January's birthstone is the garnet which represents constancy.The name garnet comes to us from the Latin granatum malum and means pomegranate. Jewels made from garnet have been made since the Bronze Age, over 3,000 years ago. Garnet jewelry has been found in Egypt (3100 B.C.E.), Sumeria (2300 B.C.E.), and Sweden (2000 B.C.E.). The Ancient Greeks treasured the gem as did the Romans, who gave it its name.
Its birth flower is the carnation or snowdrop.
The Chinese floral emblem of January is the plum blossom.
The Japanese floral emblem of January is the camellia
January is . . . . National Careers in Cosmetology Month, National Eye Health Care Month, National Fiber Focus Month, National Hobby Month, National Soup Month, Hot Tea Month, Oatmeal Month, Prune Breakfast Month.
Birthdays celebrated today include:
29th January : Sleeping Beauty 1959
29th January : Tommy Dorsey 1937
29th January : Dolly Parton's "9 to 5"
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Free Comments and Graphics
It's early, and I have yet to make coffee. It's frigging cold here in Beautiful Pennsylvania, the wind is blowing, the snow is STILL there, but the forecast is for 20 degrees...a real heat spell for January. But yesterday was a truly high note, so today, maybe I'll break down and go to Walmart and buy groceries....and Coke!
The forecast calls for 4 to 6 more inches of snow today and another 4 inches on Wednesday, and yet more on Thursday....Why don't we have snow days for work.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Manic Monday #152
What gives you hope?
Newborn babies, flowers, rainbows, first kisses, sunrises, sunsets, clouds....I could go on.
How often do you get your haircut? Not nearly often enough. Usually when it won't do anything but lie there...flat.
Describe your worst haircut. The beautician down the street was to give me a 3 inch roller cut and it was one inch and looked like a crew cut.
What's your most treasured piece of jewelry? Why? My DIVORCE RING! For obvious reasons. FREEDOM...FREEDOM...FREEDOM!
Alice bestowed this "When life gives you lemons...Make Lemonade" award.
There are only two requirements, and they are as follows:
- You must link back to the person http://aliceaudrey.wordpress.com/ , who bestowed the award upon you (that's easy)
- You must nominate 10 others (ONLY 10)
So here we go! The nominees are:
- Maurean (my kid) because she's the BEST! I LOVE her better than all my other kids! http://mosmind.blogspot.com/
- Annie, http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/ , 'cause she really is a "hoot!"
- Katdish , http://katdish.blogspot.com/2009/01/or-fay-y-may-iend-fray-erri-shay.html, with her quirkiness who makes me smile
- Junebug (and the new little bugette)http://jun3bug.blogspot.com/2009/01/baby-girl-is-here.html, who lets me pretend I could be a GRANDMOTHER, 'cause I only have grandfurchildren.
- The Gal Herself http://onegalsmusings.blogspot.com/, who truly is THE gal!
- Shelly, over at http://thiseclecticlife.com/ who keeps me in stitches.
- If you haven't checked out Thornes new site http://thornesworld.wordpress.com/2009/01/25/sunday-reality/, you are truly missing her wit!
- Ornery's Wife, http://thoughtsfrommillermanor.blogspot.com/, has a great outlook on this crazy place, called life.
- "Bud Weiser" who's Sunday Steeling has me roiling on the floor,http://wtit.blogspot.com/2009/01/fairy-taps-your-shoulder.html along with his outlook on "stupid questions"
- And last, but not least, Tink (GET BETTER) http://www.tinkerbell-nl.blogspot.com/, another good witch!
Now I'm going for coffee, before I alert those recipients, so I can get my frigid fingers to work the keyboard..HURRY SPRING!
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
- Kiss Me Kate
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Calamity Jane
- Dirty Dancing
- Yankee Doodle Dandy
I could go on, and on, and on!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
- Unwanted :: advances
- You’d better :: or else
- Woman :: hear me roar
- Weighed :: in
- Upright :: piano
- I feel :: like a woman
- Ill :: timed
- It’s like :: nothing you can imagine
- Poor man :: Beggar Man, Thief
- Great :: Ceasar's Ghost
Please remember to use http://subliminal.lunanina.com when linking to Unconscious Mutterings. Thanks!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
AND THE NOMINEES ARE:
- Princess Wild Cow http://sarafenix.blogspot.com/, another mature woman with a wonderful sense of the absurd.
- Alice's Restaurant http://aliceaudrey.wordpress.com/, timely and you'll fall for Jack and Jill's antics.
- Emma over at Dogs, Chickens and Me http://eastport.blogspot.com/, keeps me in stitches.
- Molly and Andy over at the Bumbles, http://thebumblesblog.blogspot.com/, are always a fun read.
- And last, but certainly not least, on my list....Karina over at http://candidkarina.blogspot.com/, will give you poise to ponder.
This is the first award I have received, and I would like to thank all the little people, who made it possible....oh yea I'm not supposed to give a speech, just list 5 things I am addicted to, so here goes:
- Gevalia Coffee
- Salted (anything-chips, nuts, etc.)
- This fruit dip they make at work (8oz cream cheese, 7oz marshmallow fluff, small tub of Cool Whip, 1/2 pkg. strawberry jello.....mmmmmm!)
- TRUE BLOOD, NCIS, CSI, CSI NY, CSI MIAMI, CRIMINAL MINDS, (TV IN GENERAL)
- Clasic Coke
Honorable mention addiction goes to Paranormal Romance Series
Friday, January 23, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
- Reeses Peanut Butter cups
- Kit Kat
- Nestles Crunch
- Hershey Bars
- Mallow Cups
- Mars Dark
- Pay Day
- Nestles Krackle
- Almond Joy
With honorable mention to M&M's, Reeses Pieces, York Peppermint Patties, Gobstoppers, and countless other guilty pleasures
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Manic Monday #151
What do you do to make yourself feel better when you are sick?
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Free Comments and Graphics
With Christmas barely over, The stores have changed again
With hearts and little Cupids, and Valentines to send.
Out come the big red boxes, all filled up to the brim,
With luscious, creamy candies to keep us far from thin!
There's lace and silken ribbons atop the giant box,
And psalms of love and laughter, of which this day's a part.
Have you ever stopped to wonder, why we need a special day
To tell some we love them, and care 'bout what they say.
Today, I'll change my habits! I'll tell people that I care.
That my life would be a sadder place, if they had not been there.
I shall compose a poem, to the bloggers that I know...
And tell them how just reading them has helped to let me grow,
Into a better person, who's not afraid to care,
And who is very grateful to everyone out there.
This is written SPECIALLY for each and every one...
I'm glad each time I read a post, it certainly is fun.
So please don't ever doubt it, just put away those fears...
And know how very very much, that you are cared for here.
And...here we go!
1. Enough with the __bullcrapp__.
2. _work____ causes me to be conflicted.
3. I've been craving _ginger ale____.
4. _Comedy central____ makes me laugh.
5. I wish I could go to _Florida____ next week.
6. _Retirement____ has been on my mind lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _feeling better____, tomorrow my plans include _laundry____ and Sunday, I want to _watch the Steelers beat the Ravens____!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Thirteen things about Winter to celebrate:
1. The earth is resting, the nights are longer, the fireplace is glowing, and the eggnog is flowing...it must be Winter.
2. The snow covers the earth with a clean blanket of white. Everything looks crisp and new.
3. The flowers are hibernating and preparing for a new year of glorious blooms of color.
4. Everyone seems to be in a good mood....optimistically looking forward to a year of change.
5. People are making resolutions to change the things in life they are not so crazy about, only to renege ...but nobody cares. No hassle promises.
6. Football is still on!
7. It's time to bring out the afghans, quilts and comforters and snuggle up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate WITH MARSHMALLOWS!
8. You can sleep in without guilt.
9. Long johns and fuzzy slippers are acceptable at home attire.
10. You can blame your ugliest sweater on "Mom sent it" and nobody questions your fashion taste.
11. If you forget and wear the macaroni necklace to work, people will remind you to put it back on before you leave so the little one will know how much you love it.
12. If you call in sick with the "flu" nobody questions your veracity...or the smell of whiskey on your breath.
13. The BEST REASON: Summer is just around the corner!
Free Comments and Graphics
I' feeling a little under the weather, and I'm headed back to bed. Romeo is way too attentive when I'm sick, but I'm off 'till Monday, so he'll get lots of lovin' and he'll be fine. Tomorrow is day 3, so I'll be on the mend too. I hope everyone out in bloggerland has a great day.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
If you were to name the most creative outlet that you have, what would it be?
What spot in your body would you say is the center of your emotional being?
Between my eyes(eyes mirror the soul)
What do you think is the secret to a tranquil soul?
Do nothing you regret...regret nothing you do.
1. Resolution ::New Year's
2. Break :: 15 min.
3. Tied :: even
4. Suffering :: in silence
5. Instead :: of
6. Divorce :: 6/8/1970
7. Slash :: prices
8. Cough :: drops
9. Happy :: Doc, Sleepy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Bashful, and Dopey
10. Sniffle :: Kleenex
Friday, January 9, 2009
I should be more like Romeo and just be content with a full tummy and a scratch behind the ear....he shows pure elation with life's simplest pleasures.
I do, after all have a warm place to sleep, plenty of food to eat, one wonderful child, good friends, a fairly secure job, and Romeo.....Life is good!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Although this no longer officially exists, I shall continue to post...at least for a while.
13 reasons I love dogs
1. They are always there to welcome you home even if you have only been gone 5 minutes.
2. They don't care if you are rich or poor.
3. They will give you attention when you have a bad day.
4. They will help you exercise by wanting to go out..even when you don't want to.
5. They enjoy your cooking.
6. They love to snuggle, and don't expect anything else.
7. They never lie to you, or sleep with your best girlfriend.
8. They don't think you're getting fat, even at 300#.
9. They don't stink up the bathroom or leave the toilet seat up.
10. They don't care if you want a night out with the girls.
11. They never judge you for your taste in men.
12. They have great puppy breath...not so good when they are older.
13. IF they get pregnant, you can sell the puppies! NO GUILT!