Friday, January 30, 2009

Only the Good


Sitting here in my warm comfortable living room, with my steaming hot cup of Cinnamon Givalia coffee,(that my daughter tells me is good for slowing down Dementia) I was trying to think of something to to post on Shelly's OTG post.

It's not that there is not much good going on in my life, I have a job I love that just happens to be extremely rewarding, my bills are pretty much caught up since the last sojourn into the court system,(I won, by the way)the Steelers are on their way to the Superbowl, and I think I FINALLY got that ol' flu beat. It's just that there is nothing noteworthy about all that stuff.

It's still snowing here, 4 to 6 inches of the old white coming down again for the third day in a row, and it is so overcast, that it's hard to tell it's daytime. I know the truth in the fact, that the lack of sunlight really messes with your mood. I can hardly wait for Spring.

But, and I can't stress this enough, we live in the greatest country in the world, in the best of times, and in general, LIFE IS GOOD.

I have plenty of food, a comfortable hovel, a great relationship with my daughter, nobody to answer to if I want to let the housework pile up around me while I cuddle with my dog on the couch and read, I have friends around, and enough money in the bank to pay the bills and a little left over to blow on the non essentials of life.

I have a large box of scented candles, incense wands and cones, and essential oils, that I burn/light to zone me into my "Special Place"...LIFE REALLY IS GOOD.

I'm thankful that I am not rich, I would be a mess if I had to worry what this recession was going to threaten my way of life. I'm not in a position where this recession will even change my circumstances, and for me it's life as usual.

Our new President is submitting the bill to send us a $500 per taxpayer check, the lawyer said I won the case, so I should be getting my back pay soon...LIFE IS REALLY REALLY GOOD!

So now as I read back in this post, I guess I do have a OTG post after all!

May all of you truly enjoy this day, and may we all be thankful for all the good in our daily lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day in Tonisworld! Happy Friday!
OtGF in Thornesworld

Anonymous said...

Girl, that is a wonderful Only The Good post. You did exactly what I want you to do. You looked at the world from a different perspective than when you began. See? It does work!