Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Thirteen things about Winter to celebrate:
1. The earth is resting, the nights are longer, the fireplace is glowing, and the eggnog is flowing...it must be Winter.
2. The snow covers the earth with a clean blanket of white. Everything looks crisp and new.
3. The flowers are hibernating and preparing for a new year of glorious blooms of color.
4. Everyone seems to be in a good mood....optimistically looking forward to a year of change.
5. People are making resolutions to change the things in life they are not so crazy about, only to renege ...but nobody cares. No hassle promises.
6. Football is still on!
7. It's time to bring out the afghans, quilts and comforters and snuggle up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate WITH MARSHMALLOWS!
8. You can sleep in without guilt.
9. Long johns and fuzzy slippers are acceptable at home attire.
10. You can blame your ugliest sweater on "Mom sent it" and nobody questions your fashion taste.
11. If you forget and wear the macaroni necklace to work, people will remind you to put it back on before you leave so the little one will know how much you love it.
12. If you call in sick with the "flu" nobody questions your veracity...or the smell of whiskey on your breath.
13. The BEST REASON: Summer is just around the corner!