Saturday, January 3, 2009

Money Woes



What a glorious way to have the year start. When I arrived home late last night, there was my long awaited paycheck, and tonight the repayment check from the old tenants was waiting for me.

Work for the last 6 days has been great. I worked with familiar staff, we laughed, and got all our work done so fast, it didn't seem possible but the time just flew.

Jan made Alfredo sauce, Sue made chicken and cake, and we all ate until we could hardly move. All the individuals were in a good mood, and nobody was even slightly sick. (That in itself is something)

This year is going to be good. This year will be the start of an upswing. I know I am going to get rid of all the excess in my life, and enjoy every single moment.

The country is going to have new President, (people will be expecting a lot from him), and he will need our prayers. We need to get this country back to where it should be, but we must all do our part. Too many times we overindulge, because we have always been able to, but now we complain because things are getting a little tight.

I was watching the Susie O. show on television, and I was shocked at some of the people with hundreds of thousands in credit card debt, that are just now beginning to think they have a problem. I would be catatonic with a single thousand in credit card debt, let alone six figures.

I cannot imagine the turmoil in their households, the sleepless nights, the arguments.

But then, I don't live in a million dollar house, don't wear diamonds and furs, nor do I drive an expensive gas guzzling car...nor do I want to.

I'm content to be in my run down shack, drive my old car, and have ZERO dollars in credit card payments. AND I SLEEP VERY WELL!

This big "credit-crunch" will not be a big deal in my household, because what they say you should do is what I have been doing for years.

3 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

You got me. I have too much credit card debt. But at least it's at a low fixed rate, and I have between 6 and 8 months' expenses socked away. So while I have sleepless nights about working in a mercurial industry (advertising) that's been hit hard by this recession. I keep reminding myself I'm better off than a lot of people, but I envy you. I could have done more and been smarter.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say it was being smart that I'm not in debt, it was because I learned the hard way on credit cards. There was a time I would pay one card with another. But then I wanted to buy a house, and the rest they say is history.

Toni Lee said...

Thst's me above...couldn't get it yo post with my name...it's the nut behind the keyboard that is the problem.